Saturday, August 21, 2010

Tropical Sunrise..

Its super humid here today, so I thought I would post this picture to bring my imagination to a beach with a cool breeze blowing off the ocean..........sigh.

We made this card at my last downline meeting.  Thanks to Ginger!  You might have a hard time mailing it but it would make a great invitation to a summer party.  The Designer Series Paper is from the summer mini catalog and its called Island Oasis.  Ginger said the umbrellas on the paper inspired her.



The glass is made from vellum.  We used a disposal plastic cup as a sort of template to get the right shape.  We than scored the long sides at about 1/2" and folded them under.  We just sponged on the varing colors on the backside of the vellum.  Used some 2-way glue to add the Dazzling Diamonds and viola!  You have a refreshing drink. :0)  The little orange is from the Tart and Tangy set.

The next card I totally CASED from another demo and I'm sorry to say I can't remember who...if you are the one I cased it from, please leave a comment to take the credit.  And thank you for the inspiration!!!

We made this a couple months ago at my workshops using the Word Window punch.



The stamp set is called Sweet Scoops and it also from the Summer Mini Catalog.  Makes me what to go to DQ!  This set did not carry over to the new Idea Book and Catalog, so if you love it, it will only be around until August 31, 2010.  So if you'd like me to order it for you either email me or go to my website at http://www.robynscherzer.stampinup.net/

Thanks and have a great day!!!

Thanks for stopping by! Email me at robynscherzer@hotmail.com if you have any questions!

7 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, these cards look great! I can't believe how realistic the first one looks. I want to take a sip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That drink looks very inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great looking guy in the Brewers shirt, Id keep him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful cards!

    My daughter just walked up behind me and totally wowed your tropical drink card. I think she took the words out of my mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun 3D cards these are. I especially like the glass. It looks real.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are great but I must say I love the glass!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found you on SC! :)

    What great cards! I especially like the tropical drink one, and I'm sad that I didn't use that DSP more, while it was "current". ;-b

    tfs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! You've made my day! God Bless You!