Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Alaska Day One!

Good Evening Everyone!

We got home safe and sound on Monday at 5:30am.  And I'm still trying to recover that time!  Red eye's are exhausting!

Since I didn't have internet on the cruise (I opted not to spend a small fortune for it), so I've decided I'll do a day by day entry here on what I experienced. 

We left for Seattle on May 20.  My husband, Edwin and our daughter, Sage were my traveling companions.  It was so nice to be with just them!  You know hanging out, not worrying about work and anything else just us time.  Our flight to Seattle was a direct flight and took about 4 hours.
When we arrived at the airport in the shuttle area to go to our ship, the Celebrity Infinity.  We immediately ran into old friends, my upline, Tara Bazata and one of her sons, Seth. Already the excitement was in the air.
If you can imagine an area filled with 260 excited SU! demos and their families.
That first day, felt like we waited in quite a few lines (airport, shuttles, boarding the ship) and Sage was starting to get antsy!
But when we finally made it to our cabin, this is what I was greeted with.....can you say positively GIDDY and that was just a magnet on a door!


I know I look really odd in this picture but its the only one I got!  After unpacking and getting organized for our 7 day journey, we headed off to dinner to meet our table mates for the cruise.

We had a wonderful group of people and made some great friendships.  This picture was not taken that night but I figured this is the best place to put it.



From left to right beginning in the front, Billy Shipman, Gwen (mother of Trina), me, Sage and Tammi Oakley
Back row, Missy Shipman, Trina Bloom, Edwin, Alex (grandson of Tammi), Matthew Shipman, Bill Shipman and Bill Oakley.
We could not have asked for a better group to be with!!  They made our cruise even nicer.

After dinner, I had a little gift waiting for me when we got back to our cabin from Stampin' Up!  Apparently this is a tradition and they are called pillow gifts.  WAY COOL!!!


It was a hipster bag.  It was way cool.  I used it everyday of our vacation.  It had a front pocket perfect for my digital camera and holding our passports and than it opened up into a billfold to hold coins, credit cards and cash. SU! delivered our goodies in these "gold rush" bags every night from big to small.  They will come in handy for storing things!
Last but not least....This was Sage's bed.  When we first got to our cabin, she thought she was going to sleep on the pull out sofa bed.  But Edwin and I said nope you'll be sleeping up there and pointed up.  At that point the berth was enclosed in the ceiling and looked like a ceiling.  And Sage was very baffled as she didn't know "how she was going to sleep on the ceiling".  When she saw it pulled down in all its glory, life was good!



Thanks for getting this far, more tomorrow.


Thanks for stopping by! Email me at robynscherzer@hotmail.com if you have any questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! You've made my day! God Bless You!