Saturday, November 23, 2013

Stampin' Up! Christmas Messages

Well our November is quickly coming to an end and our last club of the month met this week.  Wanted to share this way cute card we made!  I was inspired by a card I saw from Carrie Rhoades.  I see these stars made ALL the time and thought they would be too difficult to attempt, but they are super easy!


 Supplies used:  Cherry Cobbler ink and cardstock, Old Olive cardstock, Christmas Messages stamp set #131793, and Season of Style DSP stack #132181.

Here's how to make your star.  Create a template with what size star you want.  Trace it onto your cardstock and cut out.  Don't worry about it being perfect, once its folded you won't really notice it.

Using either your cutter with scoring blade or a ruler with stylus (like I did), you want to score lines from the point of the star to the "valley" directly across from it. I found it easier to rotate my star as I did it, so point straight up, score, turn to next point straight up.  Etc, until you've done all 5 points.

Your score lines should look like this (I drew lines so you could see the score lines better for the picture).  Notice how all the lines should intersect in the middle.  Fold at all the score lines make sure you have a nice crease.

I found to make sure you have mountains and valley, you want to accordian fold the star.

You can only accordian fold 3 points at a time, so you'll have to turn it a few times including the last point in the next accordian fold.

And at the end you should have these.

I adhered each point down to my card with glue dots to help it keep its shape and keep it in place.

Super cute and super easy!

Now go make your own card!


Thanks for stopping by! Email me at robynscherzer@hotmail.com if you have any questions!

2 comments:

  1. This is such a nice, crisp design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that was pretty crafty and yes creative!
    I love your creations and that creative star cards.
    My merry Christmas wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! You've made my day! God Bless You!